BASSET Certification Illinois Course & Exam
Serving Illinois Bartenders, Servers, and Sellers Since 2003
BASSET Certification for Bartenders - Servers - Liquor Stores - C-Stores - Wineries & More Fast & Easy
Powered by our online partner 360Training / Learn2Serve, we have provided BASSET and Illinois food safety certification online training to people like you since 2003
Requirements to get BASSET Certification
- Illinois requires you to provide personal identifying information about yourself (birth date, address, email etc)
- You must be at least 18 to be an alcohol server at on-premise businesses (bar, restaurant, hotel, etc.)
- You must be at least 18 to sell alcohol at a Convenience Store or Grocery Store
- If you are not sure about the age you have to be to sell at your business or business hours call the ILCC Office.
- Note: If you need to renew your BASSET Certification, you must retake the course and exam after 3 years
How to get your Illinois BASSET Certificate
- First click your course choice. You will be sent to the enrollment page.
- After you enroll, you will receive a confirmation email with course and exam instructions
- Your course is self-paced. You can start and stop when you want. However, once you start the exam you must finish it
- After you pass the exam, you will print your certificate of completion. (If you don't have a printer, you can log in and print on any printer)
- Learn2Serve will send your course completion information to the proper state authorities
- The ILCC will mail you the official BASSET Certificate to you
BASSET Certification Illinois
Click Enroll Now for the BASSET Certification sign up page to enroll $13.99
IL Food Handler English
Click Start Here to go to our ANSI Food Handler Certification sign up page $8.99
BASSET and Food Handler Certification
If you need both BASSET Certification and Food Handlers Package click Enroll Now $22.99
IL Food Handler Spanish
Click Start Here for Food Handler Certification sign up page to enroll $8.99
Illinois Food Manager - HACCP - Underground Storage Tank Training Online
Illinois BASSET Course topics for sellers and servers of alcohol beverages
Alcohol laws for Illinois minors • Laws about intoxicated persons • Why you need BASSET • Preventing intoxication • How to identify minors •How to check identification and identify fake ID • What to do when intervention attempts fail •How alcohol effects a person's body • Illinois alcohol law enforcement • Alcohol poisoning information • Illinois Dram Shop Act • Spotting sexual assault drugs
ANSI accredited and Illinois accepted Food Handler Course topics
General overview of food safety •Who enforces food safety rules • Identifying food-borne illness and what causes it• Why I need to get Illinois Food Handler • Identifying biological, physical, and chemical contamination • Importance of temperature control • Proper personal hygiene •Appropriate procedures for receiving and storing food • Proper cleaning and sanitation
Food Safety Contact Information
525-535 W. Jefferson St.
Springfield, IL 62761
122 S. Michigan Ave. 7th & 20th Floor
Chicago, IL 60603
What Does Dram Shop Mean?
The word Dram comes from an old English word for a measurement of alcohol usually about 1/8 th of an oz. The business that sold drams was called a dram shop. Much like a business that sold shoes was called a shoe shop, meat butcher shop etc. In modern times the words dram shop acts or dram shop laws refer to alcohol liability laws.
Dram Shop laws can differ in each state with some being more complex than others, but they all basically mean that if a business sells alcohol to an obviously intoxicated person who causes damages and injuries, that business owner and sometimes the employee who sold the alcohol can be sued in civil court. Our Responsible Beverage Service Training courses will train you in the liability that applies to your particular state. However, to understand even more about your states' Dram Shop laws it is best practice to consult an attorney in your home state.
Dram Shop School is one of the nation's first Alcohol Seller Server training programs. We have trained thousands of bartenders, food servers, liquor and grocery store clerks, wineries, among other alcohol sellers and servers in Illinois and nationwide. We have many years of experience in all aspects of the food and beverage industry.
In 2003 we formed an official partnership with 360training / Learn2Serve in order to offer online Alcohol Seller Server Certification training in Illinois and nationwide. We also provide Food Handler Certification in English and Spanish and a BASSET and ANSI-accredited Illinois Food Handler package combo.We also offer Illinois Food Manager Certification at our sister website FoodManagerOnline.com
Thomas L. Conrad
President / CEO