TABC Certification for Bartenders - Servers - & all Alcohol Sellers- 100% Online

Powered by Learn2Serve - our online partner since 2003

How to get your TABC Certification Online Fast & Easy

  • First make your course choice. You will be transferred to the enrollment page.
  • After enrollment you will receive a confirmation email with course and exam instructions
  • Courses are self-paced. Start and stop when you want. However, once the TABC exam is started you must finish it
  • Notice: Texas food handlers certification does not have an exam
  • Print your certificate after you pass the TABC exam. Notice: If you don't have a printer, you can log in and print on any printer
  • Lost your TABC Certificate or just need a copy? Log back in to reprint. Reprint Certificate Here
  • Notice: If you need the ANAB version ( which is valid in Texas and transferable to any of the other states ) go to the link in the menu below.

Courses Menu Spanish

Programa TABC # 454-508. Al hacer clic en el botón rojo, azul o verde (o INSCRIBIRSE AHORA) arriba, será redirigido al sitio web de Learn2Serve. Como proveedor de este curso, Learn2Serve solicitará la información de identificación personal requerida por TABC y es necesaria para completar el curso y el examen TABC. Al hacer clic en el botón rojo, azul o verde (o INSCRIBIRSE AHORA) no se le cobrará ninguna tarifa. Sin embargo, puede negarse a ser transferido a Learn2Serve eligiendo no hacer clic en el botón rojo, azul o verde (o INSCRIBIRSE AHORA)

Requirements for TABC and Food Handler Certification Online

  • TABC requires you to provide a Social Security Number or IRS Tax Number
  • You can get TABC Certified at any age. However, you must be at least 18 to be an alcohol server on-premise (bar, restaurant, hotel, etc.)
  • You must be at least 21 to work in a package liquor store
  • You must be 18 to sell high alcohol percentage wine (either 14% or 17% depending on the type of business license) in a store for off premise consumption
  • There is no minimum age to sell low alcohol percentage beer and wine at a C-Store or Grocery Store. Please ask the store owner
  • If you are not sure about the age you have to be to sell at your business or for selling / serving business hours call the TABC Austin Office  (512) 206-3333
  • If you need to renew your TABC, there is no actual renewal. You must retake the course and exam again as you did the first time
  • Food Handler: There are no age or identification requirements to get your food handler certification. Ask your employer for any age restrictions in order to be employed
  • If your employer requires a food handler card, the certificate must be from a DSHS approved or an ANAB (ANSI) accredited source. We offer both versions. (ask your employer which version of food handler you need)

Texas Food Manager - HACCP - Underground Storage Tank Training

food manager certification

Texas Food Manager Certification

Click Learn More to go to the Texas Food Manager Course catalog $38-$121

HACCP Certification

Texas HACCP Certification Training

Click Learn More to go to the Texas HACCP Courses Catalog Prices from $45-$112

underground storage tank training
Texas Underground Storage Tank Training Class C

Click Enroll Now TX Underground Storage Tank (UST) Class C Operator (English) $11.95

underground storage tank training
Texas UST Operator Class A/B Training

Click Enroll Now TX Underground Storage Tank (UST) Class A/B Operator $90.00

underground storage tank training

Texas Underground Storage Tank Training Class C

Click Enroll Now TX Underground Storage Tank (UST) Class C Operator(Spanish) $11.95

TABC Frequently Asked Questions FAQ's

There is no TABC renewal. You must take the course and exam again to get a new certificate.

You can start and stop your course when you want. When you log back in you will be returned to the place where you paused. You log back in with your username and password Here

Your TABC Certificate is valid for 2 years from date of issue

No it is not mandatory in Texas. However most employers require it for Safe Harbor from fines and for liability insurance purposes

You must be at least 18 to serve alcohol in an on premise location (bar, restaurant, hotel, etc). You must be at least 21 to sell alcohol in a liquor store.  You can be any age to sell beer and wine under 14% by volume in a grocery store.

Yes. In most situations. Call or email TABC to be sure. (512) 206-3333 [email protected]

Yes. The individual employee and the business owner can be sued in civil court if they know or should have known they served an obviously intoxicate patron.

  • On premise consumption: 7am to 12am (if you have a late night permit you can serve until 2am)
  • Off premise grocery / . convenience store: 7am until 12am (until 1am on Saturday night) 10 am until midnight on Sunday
  • Package Liquor store: 10am until 9pm Monday to Saturday and closed on Sunday and major holidays
TABC Certification Course Topics

Alcohol laws for  Texas minors • Laws about intoxicated persons • Why you need to get TABC • Preventing intoxication • How to identify minors •How to check identification and identify fake ID • What to do when intervention attempts fail •How alcohol effects a person's body • TABC law enforcement and minor sting operations •  Alcohol poisoning information • Texas Dram Shop Act • Spotting sexual assault drugs • Private Club rules

Texas DSHS Food Handler Course Topics

General overview of food safety •Who enforces food safety rules • Identifying food-borne illness and what causes it• Why I need to get Texas Food Handler • Identifying biological, physical, and chemical contamination • Importance of temperature control • Proper personal hygiene •Appropriate procedures for receiving and storing food • Proper cleaning and sanitation


We began in 1998 as a TABC training school that conducted live TABC Certification in Texas way back before anyone heard of taking TABC online. We have an extensive background in the food and beverage industry. In 2003 we formed a partnership with 360Training /learn2Serve. We offer online Responsible Beverage Service Training, Food Manager Certification, Food Handler Training,  and Underground Storage Tank (UST) training in every state. Quality courses and top notch customer service is our mission statement. We thank you for choosing us.
Thomas L. Conrad
President / CEO

Scroll to Top